Saturday, July 16, 2011

Vintage Photo - Destroyer HMAS Warramunga.


Destroyer HMAS Warramunga 2800tons 23/3/1957
About eight or nine years ago (before digital and I was starting to shoot copious amount of slides)  I found a nice leather slide box in a op shop on Pt Road. I thought it would be perfect to keep my slide's in. When I opened it I found it was half full of slide from the late 1950's to the mid 1960's .  What's even better they were labeled and dated . I have just got a new scanner so I can now digitise this collection . The only thing I don't know is who is the photographer or what camera he used? 

 The style the youth has with his bike is so hipster and a juxtaposition against the destroyer in the background. It would have been shot on the docks at Pt Adelaide, South Australia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment